ようこそ、ブログへ!'-')/

ようこそ、ブログへ!'-')/

Friday 17 May 2013

[ 真紅の音 -Think note- ] VOL 1: Hard Work

© yamadasu @tumblr

"From that rehearsal room... I've arrived here"

Yamada Ryosuke is speaking from his heart in this new series. Holding his favorite saxophone in his hands, as the first theme he’ll talk about “hard work”. It is what got Yamada to his center positition. The ability to great effort.

···

“We want to start a series of Yamada Ryosuke, separated from JUMP and NYC pages”, this is what MYOJO staff told me in autumn last year. Honestly, what I thought was that “Aren’t I too insufficient for it?” Thinking about MYOJO series, I think of senpais like Kimura Takuya-san or Domoto Tsuyoshi-san. However, since I got the chance, I want to do it seriously, and I hope I’ll be able to tell about sides of “idol Yamada Ryosuke” that I haven’t been able to talk about before. I’m a little worried about how the fans reading that will feel about it, but I’ll be happy if I can be accepted also as the life-sized me.

I was 11 years old when I entered the agency. At that time I could be described as a hardworker. Hashimoto (Ryosuke) and Fukuzawa (Tatsuya), who entered at the same time, started getting to hold the microphone and sing in the first row. My position was as a backdancer at the side. I wasn’t on the same level in either dancing or singing as the others, so I was just recklessly heading up. At that time I didn’t have work other than Shounen Club, but we always practised for it at the room 709 at NHK. I still remember how during break time everyone went to buy juice. The vending machine was quite far from the room 709, it took two minutes to go there and come back. I thought it was valuable time, so I brought a waterbottle from home with me. When the 15-minute break started, I drank from the bottle, and went back to practise by myself. I believed that if I do that, I’ll be 15 minutes closer to others. Even when I got back home, I kept dancing for 3 hours. Continuing like that… well, I just had to get better (smile). I thought that no-one would notice my improvement, but Takizawa (Hideaki)-kun was watching me all that time. I was able to become the substitute for (Nakajima) Yuto-kun in the “One!” stage show. In the scene where I danced in the spotlight for the first time I thought that this is my chance, and put all my energy in it. After that my backdancer position started moving little by little to the center, I was able to be one of the main singers in a Jr concert… and I got to act in the “Tantei Gakuen Q” drama series. When the drama ended, I felt that maybe I was acknowledged a little in this world. I think that’s when I first thought that hard work will be rewarded.

One of the things I’m working hard with right now is saxophone. It is something that I want to make my weapon. I received one from my mother’s older brother 3 years ago, but that time I didn’t have interest in it, so I just left it alone in my room. But last year when we were releasing JUMP’s album, we wanted to record a band song, and there was a talk of if there’s someone who can play a wind instrument. One of the staff members said “Yamada can do it” on their own, so I couldn’t avoid it… I can’t play more than certain melodies yet, but my aim is to one day be able to play a ballad that can soothe the hearts of the people listening.

On the other hand, conserning the past year I feel accomplished with work, but I’ve also been a little complicit. What reminds me of my original intentions are my family and fans, who enjoy what I do. Even though I say it myself, I think I was able to get into this position by working as hard as I did. The hard work of those extra 15 minutes in that room 709. If by doing my best I can give happiness to someone, as long as there are people who want me, I want to keep meeting their expectations.

···

0 comments:

Post a Comment