ようこそ、ブログへ!'-')/

ようこそ、ブログへ!'-')/

Friday 17 May 2013

[ 真紅の音 -Think note- ] VOL 2: Sense of Beauty

© yamadasu @tumblr

“Round face? Short? Even so, I can become beautiful.”

The best word to describe Yamada Ryosuke would probably be “beautiful”. Things he does to be able to continue shining, things that will stir the sense of beauty… The new series conveying true feelings, part 2.

···

I think I have a very high aesthetic sense concerning myself. Or should I say, doing a job that is all about being watched by a lot of people, you have to highly consider the aesthetic side. I’m the kind of person who thinks that if you keep on believing in something, it will become reality, so I try keep on convincing myself that I look good. That is often called narcissism, but if you stick to your beliefs, it doesn’t matter what other people say. But no matter what, there are times when I get very sensitive, and those times my troubles appear on my face. Sometimes I have to smile at a shooting, so I’ll stand in front of a camera lying to myself. But I feel that in this series it is alright not to be like that. When happy, it’s okay to smile, and when feeling down it’s okay to look sad. Because the beauty that comes from naturalness is the most beautiful of all.

When I realized that, I stopped paying much of attention to my appearance. If I’d say something, I’m paying attention to hairstyles. I keep an eye on different hairstyles in movies and variety shows. I’ll look for people with a similar physique, and think that maybe this kind of hairstyle would fit me. I always hated my face being round like a manjuu-bun, and kept growing my hair on the sides to hide that. But it started becoming troublesome, so last year after the “Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo” -drama filming I cut them. Surprisingly, people really liked it, and I realized that maybe on the contrary that looks better on my face after all.


Like a lot of people, I’m also a human with a lot of complexes. Like my round face, being short, and before, being bad at dancing. However, if you can do something about the problems, you can erase them by doing your best and putting in 100% of your power. For me, I think that your own complexes are your best rival. If you don’t make an effort, they won’t completely disappear, but I think that by having them you are able to grow. For me right now my singing voice is one. Differently from dancing that you can see by a mirror, singing is something you can’t see with your eyes, so it is difficult. Your speaking voice and recorded voice sound different, don’t they? That difference still keeps making me confused, and there are times when I feel down, because I wish I could have done it better. When recording my solo single, I felt that I was able to sing quite well, but when I heard the recording, I was like: “Huh?” However, that is something that can be improved by a lot of effort. At home I record my singing with a voice recorder, listen it, then try to sing again correcting the bad parts, and then I found another bad part… I keep repeating that kind of rehearsal. I think there are a lot of people like me, with insecurities and problems about themselves, but there’s nothing to do if you just keep on mourning about them. I wish that first they would start by thinking what they can do about them themselves.

The winter sky with no clouds, or Tokyo Tower in full light. There are a lot of beautiful sceneries I see every day, but what has left the biggest impression on me was the sunset I saw at Hawaii. At that time I had some worries related to work, but seeing a huge sunset in front of me at a moment like that, I felt my troubles really small. “Don’t hesitate and act more like an idiot!” I thought, and that helped me to step forward. I wish I could have taken a picture of that sunset with my phone… At Hawaii I’m always wearing an outfit you can easily go swimming with, like a t-shirt and trunks, so I had left my phone at the hotel. Someday I must go back there to get some power.

···

“Having complexes is happiness. Perfection is boring. By accepting yourself as your biggest rival, you can see the possibilities and grow.” -Ryosuke 


Index:

0 comments:

Post a Comment